Sunday, March 6, 2011

Muck Muck Goose



Today's haul consisted mostly of the usual stuff: wadded up fast food bags and wrappers, empty carry-out cups, empty Bud Lite cans, and so on.

One less bag of crap strewn over the landscape.
I came across a trove of litter in a big drainage area behind a shopping center. I wonder how stuff accumulates there? There was more crap there than I could possibly stuff into my little bag, so I'll have to make that a regular stop.

Being a drainage area it was a bit wet and mushy from a recent snowmelt. I wore clean shoes, and trod carefully amid the muck.

Soon enough I got through it all, and got back up to the nice, dry sidewalk. By then I was by a parking lot along another edge of the shopping center.

This is where I encountered a handful of Canadian geese, perhaps taking a breather from a long migration. They just flew in from Santa Fe, and boy, are their wings tired.

I saw these geese, or their cousins, a few days ago – and at just about the same location. They are understandably nervous around humanoids. I tried getting a little closer to them for a picture but they just kept moving away, showing me their backsides; this was about the best shot I got. Unfortunately I did not have a zoom lens. Or at least, not much of one.

Yeah, I always take my camera with me.

The most interesting "find" today was a high school ID card with a magnetic strip on back. Which is not really very interesting. Not at all interesting, in fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment